The new website offers an improved and streamlined process that makes bidding a breeze.
After you are approved to bid and signed into BigIron, you can begin bidding on all online auctions. Find the item you would like to bid on and click the “BID” button to open the bidding pop in box.
One-Time Bids Vs. Maximum Bids
You can either place a one-time bid or set a max bid amount. With a max bid, you are setting the maximum amount you would like to bid and the system will place bids on your behalf up to that maximum amount you set.
Entering and Submitting Your Bid
First, type your bid amount in the amount field. By default, the "Next Bid" amount will be showing. If you are placing a maximum bid, you'll want to check the box next to "Max Bid". After you have set your bid options, click the SUBMIT button to place your bid. The system will ask you to approve your bid amount a second time before actually applying your bid.
After you place a bid, there will be several indicators telling you if you are now the high bidder or if you were outbid.
- A message will appear (in green) - “You have the highest bid.”
- The item will pulse with a green glow.
- Your state abbreviation will show (in green) next to the "Current Bid" price.
- The current bid price banner will turn green.
- A message will appear (in red) - “You were outbid!”
- The item will pulse with a red glow.
- The high bidder's state abbreviation will show (in red) next to the "Current Bid" price.
- The current bid price banner will turn red.